Fark linked up news that today is sysadmin day, which I spent:
- Fixing something that worked the first time but didn't when the boss tried it
- Helping three people do things that are described in detail in the knowledgebase I administer
- Convincing one of them, in as politically correct a way as possible, that yes, they skipped a step and yes, that step really is in the instructions and why thank you for checking while I'm standing here
- Making sure nobody would find the weapon. Or the body (well, I can dream about it anyway)
- Spending another hour in a remote session helping someone from another state do something described in detail in my knowledgebase.
- Helping them do three more things after that, again all in the good ol' KB.
- After finding out today is the day, reading this, and getting misty-eyed.
- Then reading this, and having a right good laugh
- Then reading This and chuckling evilly.
So be sure to buy your sysadmin a beer, or a whatever. After all, you wouldn't be reading this without them!