November 08, 2004
Son of Uncomfortable Truths
Posted by scott at November 08, 2004 03:48 PM
- If you think America is becoming a fascist state you don't know a damned thing about either one.
- If you think the government can legislate away our constitutional rights you don't know a damned thing about how this country was created.
- The Americans who told the rest of us to "f--- off" when they didn't get what they wanted would've been in charge if they had.
- "MoveOn" is not a name, it's an action.
- The people who claim they're moving to Canada because of the election are the same people who were too lazy to vote.
- Faith is not fanaticism.
- Many people can't tell the difference.
- The rest of us are glad they lost.
- The ultimate beneficiary of legalized gay marriage will be divorce lawyers.
- Should abortion be legal? Should it be used as birth control?
- A comfortable majority of us say "yes" to the first and "no" to the second.
- Most women reading this have known someone who's said "yes" to both.
- The correct question is, "are the lives of thousands of American children worth the lives of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children?"
- Anyone who is certain about the answer is insane.
- Anyone scandalized by a war based on lies doesn't know a lot about the American Revolution.
- Or the Civil War.
- Or World War One.
- Or World War Two.
- Or any damned war for that matter.
- After 228 years of continuous existence, it's hard to argue that America's system isn't the best in the world.
- Just ask the homeless guy on the Metro grate beside the White House.
- A European berating an American for their country's imperialism is like Joan Rivers flipping out over someone else's nose job.
- An Arab blaming colonialism for their problems is like a farmer trying to claim hail damage for a rusted-out pickup truck.
- Anyone who thinks that Jews are ultimately to blame should be taken for a long walk off a short pier.
- If that were to actually happen continental Europe would suddenly wonder where all their politicians had gone.
- And Israel's settler problem would consist of finding enough of them.
- Thinking this election's outcome was determined by morality only proves it really is possible to forget the unforgettable.
- If you're not made uncomfortable by at least one item on this list you're not paying attention.
eMail this entry!