Well, we made the move! Thanks to Jeff & Cindy (brother & sister-in-law) for helping out with it all (trucks come in handy some times) on Saturday.
- Traffic was nothing, nothing like I expected. Because we work 3 miles from each other, we get to take HOV lanes (High Occupancy Vehicles... must have at least 2 people in the car) nearly the whole way. We came in way too early, but it actually took a little less time than it takes just two hours later.
- Do not attempt to purchase nuts and bolts for your bed after you've had a few beers. You end up sleeping on the floor for two nights because the bolts are too small.
- Moving sucks.
- Our new house is neat. Lots of small touches make it a pretty well laid out place so far.
- Gas cooking is more gradual than I thought it would be. It seems to heat a little slower than electric, but the heat is much more even.
- Shlepping laundry from the basement to the top bedroom is a leg workout.
- Delivering laundry to the basement is a breeze
- It is dangerous to walk up the stairs of our house on laundry day.
Those are the quickies I can think of right now. I'll have more later, and Ellen should be on as soon as I get the computers unpacked and hooked up.