August 25, 2008
I Can Haz Sarah Conner?

Leave it to the Pentagon to spend zillions of dollars on something I know from long experience will spend 90% of its life sleeping, and the other 10% split between peeing, pooing, or puking on everything in the house:

The Pentagon's crash program to create an artificial brain is up and running. And, if it all goes as planned, we could see an electronic chip that mimics the "function, size, and power consumption" of a cat's cortex some time in the next decade.

And I will take this time to note for the record that, to the absolute surprise of no-one who reads this site regularly, today Ellen taught her parrot to purr. Obligatory YouTube video will most likely come along soon.

Posted by scott at August 25, 2008 03:51 PM

eMail this entry!
Post a comment

Email Address:



Remember info?