July 02, 2008
When New Jersey Attacks

I guess it must be all the refinery smoke that keeps them from noticing the smell:

An 84-year-old Burlington County woman died and five other New Jersey residents were sickened in separate incidents after drinking small amounts of torch oil they mistook for apple juice, New Jersey poison control officials said yesterday.

NJ ex-pats Ron and Amber frequently told tales of the... piquancy*... of the native residents. For some reason they left "and they also drink kerosene like it's water" off the list.

* And I'll be damned if I didn't spell that right the first time, without even looking.

Posted by scott at July 02, 2008 08:24 AM

eMail this entry!

I think it's a new phenomenon for this year. As near as I can tell, they must've thought that since it's good for their hair, it MUST be safe to drink.

Posted by: Ron on July 2, 2008 08:47 AM
Post a comment

Email Address:



Remember info?