Fark linked up this harrowing tale of one skater's unfortunate encounter with an overheated manhole cover:
"I landed with my arm and back straight onto the metal cover," Wallenberg said. "I noticed it was kind of hot, but I didn't realize how bad it was until my skin started to sizzle."
Apparently this was very near a spot where a woman was flat electrocuted by a manhole cover while walking her dog. And all this time I thought the streets of DC flinging manhole covers ten feet in the air was impressive.