June 28, 2004

In doing some research for an upcoming encounter (working title: "How to Turn your Tabletop Grill into an F-16 Exhaust Pipe"), I stumbled onto this extremely helpful tip from our government:

CPSC Warns -- Never Use Charcoal Grills Indoors

I'm not sure what's worse... the warning itself, or that it was issued for a reason.

Here's your sign...

Posted by scott at June 28, 2004 03:40 PM

eMail this entry!

I'd be willing to bet that "for a reason" is the operative term here. Every single hazardous warning on things like ladders, hairdryers, and grills is there because some booger-eatin moron had no common sense, got hurt, and decided to SUE somebody..preferably with deep pockets.

I keep saying "Death by Stupidity" should be a valid death certificate entry, but nobody listens...

Posted by: Bob on June 28, 2004 05:47 PM

We had a huge influx of Cambodian "boat people" in the mid-seventies. When the weather got cold, they brought in the hibachi's and lit them up. People died. It still happens once or twice a year.

Posted by: No_name on June 30, 2004 08:30 AM
Post a comment

Email Address:



Remember info?